Lessons offered up to GCSE level and have experience with Edexcel exam board, with which I have achieved A*s in maths and physics. The lessons are based on your needs and areas struggled with, thus will start with an introduction to understand the core of the topic before going into more depth.
I will verbally and visually explain how to work something out work through an example with them aswell as cater to their needs and learning style
I provide exciting and thought provoking maths lessons. Whether these are for basic skills or to challenge your child at a mastery and greater depth level. I have a friendly and nurturing approach as I really get know your child.
I can teach secondary, GCSE and AS maths and without a doubt, practice is what makes perfect in maths. I always teach the theory first and try to explain it simply, just as I understand it. Then, it is all about the practice, with the past exam papers being a priority as it is fundamental to understand the exam technique and how to tackle tricky exam questions.
I believe that improving your mathematics is a lot like sharpening a knife. It requires you to go over things a few times before you can get something perfect. For this reason a lot of my teaching in mathematics involves working through exercises out of a textbook/other resources and correcting mistakes. I am able to teach AS Level and GCSE Mathematicians of all levels of ability.
I will prioritise overcoming the individual's weaknesses of the subject by providing various exercises and different ways to approach questions so the best way to reach a solution is found for each person as this will vary. From my own experience I encourage attempting past papers as it can be most beneficial and prepares the student best for an exam.
Teaching at schools/colleges is not always sufficient as all students learn in different ways and all teachers teach in different ways. My aim is to help a student understand the concepts rather than pure facts; true understanding of a subject entails an appreciation of its uses.
I am lifelong learner, avid reader and a problem solver.
I am an Education Masters Graduate, Physics graduate and qualified teacher with 3 years' experience in a variety of schools, and 2 years' tutoring experience with a proven ability to teach a range of ages and abilities.
- Classes Kumon offers maths and English programmes. Students attend class once or twice a week for approximately 30 minutes per subject. They work at 'just the right' level, and progress at their own pace, with approximately 15 minutes of homework to complete, per subject, per day. Their easy start point allows them to build good study habits, skills and confidence.
- Classes Clever Tutors have professional and experienced tutors that specialise in one to one tuition geared to preparing students for the 11 plus and common entrance exams to ensure they are admitted to their school of choice. We have specialist maths tutors that can help you or your child gain confidence in maths and bring about an improvement in grades.
My teaching method is very accommodating – I realise that every student will be different and at different levels. We will work together to find a perfect fit that will help them to flourish in their learning. Aside from that, I work through topic areas, and try to find those that need the most attention and strengthen the student's weak points.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I am studying for a Cambridge University degree in Philosophy and English. I teach English, Philosophy and History at A-Level, and Maths, Science and Latin at a lower level. I was a scholar at Haileybury College when I was a child, and teach 11 plus, thirteen plus and scholarship candidates. - Tell me about your qualifications.
For cheaper rate group lessons contact me for as i run group tutoring Mondays 4:15-6:15. I am currently a teacher of Design and Technology at an outstanding secondary school. I hold a degree in Human Nutrition and A levels of biology, business, history and accounting. Two of these A levels were self taught.
I take the 'fear factor' out of maths by helping students to understand the importance of Mathematical techniques and I use past exam papers to help students practice and understand methods and how to work answers out logically. Often maths games like Sudoku and times table practice are useful to build confidence and help students start to feel more comfortable with manipulating numbers.
- Classes We provide classes in Maths, English and Science across all key stages. Our programmes are totally original and were designed by VAKS to embrace the Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic Learning Styles to ensure our students are totally immersed in their learning. Each class consists of no more than six children at a time with a tutor and teaching assistant in attendance.
- Classes The Centre itself provides a personalised Maths and English learning programme. Our students come from virtually all the schools in our surrounding area; primary, secondary, state and private. Progress does not depend upon age, so, if younger students have the ability, they can move through the work swiftly and ahead of their school level, thus avoiding boredom and frustration.
My teaching method is simple and friendly. The core principal that surrounds my teaching is understanding each issue and piece of information before moving on. Depending on the student and what exams he/she has, I will most definitely be helping them work towards any exams in relation to their syllabus. Understanding content is crucial before exam practise.
I am a qualified teacher with over 25 years experience teaching Maths to Primary school students including those Preparing for 7 plus, 11plus, Entrance Exams and SATs.
I approach each topic of the syllabus clearly setting out the theory and then bring in questions of different types related to the topic, increasing in difficulty. At GCSE I also focus a lot on past paper questions relating to each topic which increases confidence and gets the students used to interpreting what the examiner actually wants.
I'm a patient and supportive teacher, focusing of finding many ways of explaining ideas to make them easier to understand and easier to remember.
- Classes Students are set work which is completed, marked and corrected at home. They come into the centre on either one or both of the days that we are open. The work for that day is completed and marked in class. Feedback is given to each student after they have completed their work.
The way to tackle the syllabus is practice and Id like to show that practicing regularly and staying up to date with the daily work covered during school classes would ultimately be beneficial for the final outcome. I give my best effort and time for me is not the issue, it is the target that needs to be achieved at the end of each session.
Working as a maths lecturer since 2010, have 6 years of experience as a personal tutor, can teach students with various problems, have up-to-date subject knowledge with many teaching resources & activities, very flexible at bookings. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths and Further Maths at A level, Physics at AS level, Turkish at A level, Chemistry and Physics at GCSE level.
I endeavour to tailor all my lessons for individual needs, I have a wide range of experience and cater for personal requests, whether this be an active, visual or kinesthetic learner.
My teaching is simple and straight forward helping people understand the basics and then working on them having a much greater understanding of the subject. I am slacken and patient and can work with people of all levels and ages.
Usually fun and exciting and sometimes traditional. I believe teaching depends on the child so I am flexible depending on the young person looking to learn.
My teaching method is student led and caters to each child. My program that I will develop for them focuses on their strengths and weaknesses whilst still finding the fun element. My lessons will focus on each topic with real practice exam style questions at the end.
I enjoy inspiring everyone and have a patient and enthusiastic approach. I provide resources + find strategies that work. Developing life and study skills is as important as the content itself.
I have travelled the world living the most amazing adventures and use these experiences in my Maths lessons to make them more interesting. I run a very popular maths website containing over 400 video tutorials and worksheets. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Mathematics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Maths,
find private lessons close to Harlow.
Pick your own coach to help you learn maths. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in maths in Harlow and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Harlow by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.