My teaching method is to focus both on content and structure, with a particular focus on essay plans and essay structure to prepare students for their exams and coursework
When teaching, I ensure that important and unique details are discussed in order to impress examiners. Although I teach to a higher and more detailed level, I constantly revisit in order for students to better understand topics. The most important aspects of an exam are: your mental preparedness and your knowledge.
As this is English based, if I was tutoring someone on reading, I would start by asking the student their first impressions on the book and what they think it could be about. When facing literacy problems, I would expect students to approach it in a calm manner and hope they would attempt it first by themselves and then I would help them.
He provides tutoring to all ages for English and up to KS4 for Mathematics.
DBS checked, fully qualified and with 15 years of teaching experience, I provide the best possible quality in teaching methods and expertise to all my students who retain to this day excellent studying habits.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
I teach students to be independent learners and to develop a Growth Mindset. All ages, primary school to adults included.
My name is Seta Alexandrovich, I am a qualified Montessori and nursery class teacher. I have experience in teaching the Read, Write Inc. scheme of reading as well as Jolly Phonics. I have been a nursery teacher for 20 years.
I offer a tailored approach which best meets the needs of each individual pupil. My many years of experience means that I am able to draw on a comprehensive range of teaching strategies in a way which supports each pupil’s learning at the right pace for them.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
My approach to tutoring is different to the conventional style. I help students with any difficulties they may have in their homework, but in the alternative, I also teach students full topics from scratch. This is to ensure that they are not missing anything vital. With younger students, I make sure I go at their pace, so that they do not lose confidence.
I give lessons to secondary school level and up students to improve their creative writing, grammar and sentence structure. I also help with reading and understanding literature, both classic and modern. My teaching methods make my lessons structured but relatively informal. I use creative writing and free association exercises to try to make the material as engaging and personalised as possible.
I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
I'm a teacher, examiner and passionate tutor with 14 years experience. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Geography and History from GCSE to IB and A-level. I also teach English at GCSE. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a fully qualified teacher with a PGCE (with QTS) in Geography from the University of Cambridge.
- Classes Maths and English Programme: Courses based on national school curriculum Improves confidence and enjoyment in learning Continuous reinforcement of knowledge Helps with school assessments and exams Flexible approach to suit individual needs - Ages and Levels Covered Early years, through primary and secondary, leading up to GCSE. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
I specialise in preparing children for all components (verbal reasoning / non verbal reasoning, English and Maths) of the 7+, 10+, 11+, 12+ and 13+ common entrance exams. Everyone is UNIQUE. Accordingly, I tailor my teaching to each student. There is no one size fits all to my approach. I provide targetted tuition. This is the huge advantage of private, one-to-one tuition.
I base my classes at the beginning of every topic in order for the student to get a feel for the basics first and then we would build on it taking it step by step.
I start my lessons with a quick test to see the student's level of English. I can teach grammar perfectly but it's not my focus. Only if the student struggles in some topic I would like to plan for next few lesson to cover the topic. I always pay attention reading comprehensions and I do reading schedule for my students.
My methodology varies depending on the necessities of the student, of course! I love teaching through content, I think it's really motivating.
I dedicate each lesson to a particular topic and focus on mastering the lesson target.
My name is Hina Ali and I am an A-Level student who is willing to give my knowledge of reading in English and Classics to those who would benefit from it. My techniques would be having the student read to me and also tell me what they can gather from the text. I will help by inputting my own knowledge of English and Classics within this and hopefully help them improve.
I adopt a personal, tailored approach to tutoring as not one size fits all! I will isolate areas of development and construct a plan to highlight and strengthen these.
My name is Talia Cohen and I am an English tutor for those learning at primary school level all the way to A-Level.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Radlett.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Radlett and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Radlett by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.