As this is English based, if I was tutoring someone on reading, I would start by asking the student their first impressions on the book and what they think it could be about. When facing literacy problems, I would expect students to approach it in a calm manner and hope they would attempt it first by themselves and then I would help them.
My teaching method is to focus both on content and structure, with a particular focus on essay plans and essay structure to prepare students for their exams and coursework
He provides tutoring to all ages for English and up to KS4 for Mathematics.
I teach students to be independent learners and to develop a Growth Mindset. All ages, primary school to adults included.
My name is Seta Alexandrovich, I am a qualified Montessori and nursery class teacher. I have experience in teaching the Read, Write Inc. scheme of reading as well as Jolly Phonics. I have been a nursery teacher for 20 years.
DBS checked, fully qualified and with 15 years of teaching experience, I provide the best possible quality in teaching methods and expertise to all my students who retain to this day excellent studying habits.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
I'm extremely friendly and personable, and have a lot of experience especially with quiet or shy kids.
I will set the student a small test in the beginning and then help them improve on anything they have found difficult. In addition, if there is anything the student feels as if they need help on, I will help them.
I base my teaching on each students individual strengths and weaknesses - I am a firm believer of keeping lessons fun and interactive as I believe this allows each students to take in a lot more information as they are relaxed and willing to learn! That being said, I ensure to target all areas which need to be worked on in order to make the most of each lesson, with a plan being prepared...
I am currently working at GCSE level and am predicted grade 9's for my summer exams. I have a fond passion for English which comes across when I teach it, and am often noted to help people across my school at achieving their grade.
I specialise in providing online lessons for 11+ and GCSE English students. If you want to focus on your creative writing, we will take a more broad approach, and I will adapt the lessons to your areas of struggle, and if you want more help with your analytical writing, we will approach some texts that I will provide, or any that you are studying for exams.
My name is Talia Cohen and I am an English tutor for those learning at primary school level all the way to A-Level.
I aim to achieve high results for my students while instigating good learning practice and independence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Maths, English and Science subjects. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a Science postgraduate with my major in Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences.
I offer a personalised, creative and enthusiastic approach to tutoring. Each child/adult has different needs and attitudes to learning, it is my job to find out what works for you and deliver it in the most enjoyable and productive way. I take great pride in the results my pupils have achieved in all the fields that i teach.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach all core curriculum subjects up until A level. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a First Class (Hons) in Economics from the London School of Economics. I have been teaching in a local secondary school focussing on raising achievements in Key Stage 3 SATs and GCSE Maths by working intensively in small groups.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English, English language and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. MA in Professional Writing; TEFL qualification; English BA; A Levels in English, French and History; 10 GCSEs including A in English and Maths. - How much do you charge? I charge roughly £15 per hour for one-to-one lessons but it is negotiable.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us at the Watford centre, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
- Classes Individual tuition within a class of up to 5 pupils. We use on-line tuition software in class and students can log in at home for homework assignments and additional practice of times tables and educational games. We also give paper homework, as written methods are also important. All of our teachers are fully trained and qualified, with up to date DBS checks.
I am currently studying for my undergraduate degree in English Literature. Having completed my A-Levels recently I understand how hard it can be, but am willing to give you my tips and tricks to get to the top! I currently teach Creative Writing and English for Primary School to Secondary School ages, and comply with each child's school curriculum.
- Classes Maths and/or English study sessions - Ages and Levels Covered Kumon is available for all ages from preschool to A level and beyond. - Opening Times Wednesday 3.30pm - 5.30pm Saturday 9.30am - 11.30am Students attend typicaaly for 30mins per subject. - Tuition Fees £30.00 registration £55.00 per month per single subject £50.
- Classes Before your child commences study with us, they will be assessed in order to determine their specific needs and ensure a suitable starting point in the course. Once your child enrolls, they will attend the study centre on a regular basis. Whilst there they will complete a short piece of work which will be marked and returned.
I am a dedicated, passionate and motivated English teacher who genuinely seeks to ensure every pupil becomes confident in their own ability to study English. My goal is to engage pupils, support and challenge them in their English studies so they achieve their potential and goals.
I base my classes at the beginning of every topic in order for the student to get a feel for the basics first and then we would build on it taking it step by step.
11+ exam preparation can be tedious for grammar school entrance exams. Having the experience of going through it, I would offer a bespoke, one-to-one, 2 hour class once a week, with constant weekly liaison with student and parent, with a progress sheet.
I'm a teacher, examiner and passionate tutor with 14 years experience. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Geography and History from GCSE to IB and A-level. I also teach English at GCSE. - Tell me about your qualifications. I am a fully qualified teacher with a PGCE (with QTS) in Geography from the University of Cambridge.
- Classes Maths and English Programme: Courses based on national school curriculum Improves confidence and enjoyment in learning Continuous reinforcement of knowledge Helps with school assessments and exams Flexible approach to suit individual needs - Ages and Levels Covered Early years, through primary and secondary, leading up to GCSE. Suitable for all ages and abilities.
I give lessons to secondary school level and up students to improve their creative writing, grammar and sentence structure. I also help with reading and understanding literature, both classic and modern. My teaching methods make my lessons structured but relatively informal. I use creative writing and free association exercises to try to make the material as engaging and personalised as possible.
I have a degree in English Literature and Drama from the University of Manchester and am looking to teach primary and secondary level students. I am engaging and fun (at least I like to think so!) and have experience working with children of different ages and also children with special needs. My methodology would depend on the teaching age and also the aims of the lessons.
My teaching method includes obtaining a thorough and indepth understanding of the topic and then tackling past papres to identify areas of weaknesses. Furthermore, I aim to give lessons to primary and secondary school pupils wishing to achieve high grades.
Thousands of tutors can teach you English,
find private lessons close to Shenley.
Pick your own coach to help you learn english. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in english in Shenley and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Shenley by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.