I believe that practice is necessary when solving math problems. I will first explain the theory behind the concepts and then get them to do a few questions themselves.
My name is David Weber. I play and teach piano, violin, and composition to an advanced standard. I am enthusiastic about teaching music, and eager to help others realise their potential in any way I can. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Piano, Violin, Composition, Music theory, and occasionally Maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
My teaching methodology is to keep my students engaged. If they are engaged and focused, students learning capabilities greatly increase. During an hour lesson I prefer my students them to listen and ask questions while I am there to help instead of doing questions the whole time.
Teaching is my third and final career and I love it. I get on extremely well with students of all ages and abilities and enjoy watching their confidence and competence develop quickly as they begin to achieve more than they thought possible.
Providing One to One tuition mathematics to students from 6- 17 years old GCSE level. Working with colleges. Preparing and assesses lessons and monitoring progress.
Hi! My name is Kiran and I teach students aged 5-16 in Maths and English. I got 4A*'s, 6A's and 2B's in my GCSE's and AAB at A level. I will be starting an undergraduate degree at UCL. I have a wealth of experience in teaching as well as tutoring. I engage my students through several fun activities throughout the lesson and ensure their homework results in further progress.
Currently, I don't tutor, but in the past I have tutored my friends at GCSE level who were struggling to get a grasp of the maths and science content and I have always found it quite fulfilling to spread my knowledge. However, I would like to change that and try to widen the spread even more and start to tutor students at a larger level.
I approach each topic with analogies and applications. I find that analogies are sometimes the quickest and most intuitive routes to conceptual understanding of a complex topic such as Calculus and Probability Theory.
Hello! About me: -MSc Bioengineering Student at Imperial College London.
I primarily teach english, maths and science to children aged 5 - 16. My teaching method is based around improving each student's understanding and teaching them each topic in easy to understand ways. I am an experienced facilitator and I believe that its important to teach my students how to study smarter, not harder.
I'm Lola. I'm native Spanish and Qualified in Primary Education and Foreign Languages. My lessons are based on the Communicative approach and the UK curriculum. With my knowledge and experience plus your hard work, you will achieve whatever you want. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I'm a Primary Education and Languages teacher.
I am a very thorough, patient and dedicated teacher. I tailor my teaching to the needs and learning style of each individual student, as well as assisting them to develop their motivation, independent learning skills and confidence. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach A-level Chemistry and GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics. - Tell me about your qualifications.
"Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn." - Which subject(s) do you teach? I primarily English up to A level and the 11 plus for entry to London day schools. I also have experience teaching maths up to age 11, having taught at a London prep school.
I gain a great deal of satisfaction fostering positive growth and professional development. I am friendly and patient natured, with the ability to influence and engage others effectively. - Which subject(s) do you teach? We specialise in one-to-one private tuition, supporting in Computer Literacy, English, History, Mathematics and Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
I have taught classes from age 11 -18. My specialism is physics, though I have studied maths and chemistry to undergraduate level, and am happy to tutor in these subjects to at least GCSE level if not beyond. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Physics, chemistry, maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I primarily teach Mathematics at a wide range of levels and have been doing so for a number of years. Whilst most of my students are preparing for either SATs or GCSEs, I also offer tuition to A-level students, including those studying Further Maths.
If you are looking to help your child build a strong foundation in Maths and/or Science then please contact me. I love teaching little bugs and firmly believe that little children should be taught in a nurturing and caring manner. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths/Numeracy and Science. My experience also include preparing students for SAT's KS1 Maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
Hi my name is Juliet Timmins. I'm a very friendly teacher, who enjoys teaching maths and science. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach A level Biology, International Baccalaureate Biology, BTEC sport and exercise science, and previously taught science and maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics and French at all levels up to and including A-level and English literature or language up until GCSE. - Tell me about your qualifications. I graduated in July 2009 with a First Class BSc joint honours degree in Mathematics with French from the University of Manchester.
I teach the flute, recorder, piano and also academic subjects. Everyone is welcome! - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach the flute, recorder and piano. I tutor Maths, Music, Economics and Spanish to A-Level. I tutor these subjects and several others to GCSE level. I also offer music theory lessons up to grade 8. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I play violin, piano and clarinet. Currently I'm a student working towards Diploma ABRSM Violin. Having won numerous UK Maths Challenge competitions, I also teach Maths. - Which subject(s) do you teach? Violin: Beginner, Intermediate ( Grade1-5). Music Theory: Beginner, Intermediate(Grade 1-5). Maths: KS1, KS2, KS3, GCSE, AS Level.
If you live in the Twickenham / Richmond area and are looking for Maths, English, French or Economics tuition to GCSE standard or below, please get in touch. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Economics, English, French and Maths to GCSE standard. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computing. - Tell me about your qualifications. MSc. (Computational fluid dynamics); PhD. (Computational fluid dynamics) - How much do you charge? I charge £18/hr for inhouse training and £20/hr if I have to travel in and around London. I offer discounts for group lessons and children.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Mathematics up to GCSE and tutor for the 11+ and 13+ examinations. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a Masters Degree in Mechanical engineering and excelled at Mathematics throughout my academic career. - How much do you charge? My prices are listed above. I give a 25% discount available for groups of 2 or more.
I have been supporting children in nursery and reception, as well as children in years 1, 2 and 3 since 2005 and have been very involved with children with a wide range of challenges, working very closely with the speech therapist at the school.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? English as a Foreign Language; Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Spanish up to A-level. I tutor the above subjects, plus Physics at GCSE level. - Tell me about your qualifications. BSc Neuroscience; TESOL qualified; Superior Level DELE Spanish Diploma. - How much do you charge? I charge £20 an hour, and £30 for 2 hours.
- Which subject(s) do you teach? I can teach GCSE level Maths, English, French, Drama, History and Arabic, and A-Level English and French. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have 10 GCSE's all at A*, and 4 A-Levels at A grade, with an Advanced Extension Award in French at Distinction level. I am currently a student of French at Oxford University.
My approach to tutoring will depend greatly on the individual in question as well as the desired outcome of the tutoring sessions. However in the first session I always establish an outline for where we are aiming to get to and how each session will allow us to move towards that.
I am a university student, studying dentistry at King's College London, who achieved A* in mathematics at GCSE and A level. My technique involves pupils coming to me with problems, which I can address.
I am a straight A* student and that required much hard work and dedication to achieve those grades. Hopefully I can also help you to get the results that you dream of! I tailor my lessons according to each individual making sure every area is well covered and changing areas of weakness into areas of strength. I am patient, friendly and have a passion for teaching.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Maths,
find private lessons close to Isleworth.
Pick your own coach to help you learn maths. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in maths in Isleworth and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Isleworth by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.