I am a qualified and science teacher. I have graduated with 2:1 then completed Secondary science PGCE and have gained QTS. I have extensive experience in the classroom, small groups and 1:1 tutoring across KS3 to A level. I am familiar with the new OCR, AQA and EDEXEL curriculum. I am very patient, friendly and approachable which would make pupils be at ease.
I can write/type detailed tutorials on topics, which clearly demonstrate each step involved in working out Math Questions. I also provide Homework if opted for.
After leaving industry to retrain as a teacher, I have developed wide experience of mathematical private tuition assignments. I can prepare students for particular examinations, or the skills they need for the classroom or workplace.
My method of teaching involves covering a particular topic and then practicing questions on that topic to make sure the student has a thorough understanding of the topic. Past papers will also be a very important tool to understand the students progress.
My experience in industry have helped me to develop a coaching style. I treat the learner as an individual, enhancing their strengths and exploring different ways to tackle areas which do not come naturally. This supports the delivering of the required syllabus tailored to any exam board.
I will follow the specification for each subject, making sure to cover each thing. I will make notes, set questions and let the child ask questions. If the child does want to look at something else one lesson apart from what was planned that is perfectly fine.
I approach lessons by starting from the basics to build up a firm foundation for understanding of how to handle mathmatical situations correctly in order to solve and answer them.
During sixth form, I was a science tutor for my school’s mentoring programme, teaching all 3 sciences to students from year 7 to year 11. I would tutor a student every week; at one point I was in charge of five students.
I am a dedicated and hardworking student studying chemistry at the university of Birmingham. I can teach maths and chemistry up to A-level having gone through the exam so fairly recently I know the key mistakes students make and how to address them.
I believe in making sure the child has understanding when it comes to the basics of any subject. As the building blocks often open up the upper levels of understanding in these subjects.
- Classes Our unique programmes complement the UK school curriculum and cater for your child's individual needs, allowing them to study at a rate that is just right for them and will eventually allow them to take responsibility for their own learning. Our English and Maths programmes have been developed over the last 55 years by dedicated instructional teams working across four continents.
Do you tremble at the thought of meeting what C. S. Lewis called "the lion Mathematics" (see article)? Look no further! I have dedicated my life to helping you in this and other areas.
Each student has their own way of understanding mathematics, my aim would be to find out how you understand maths and use that to help you understand topics or questions you struggle with. I approach topics working from the base upwards, assessing your level of understanding and finding questions and examples to work on with you.
- Classes Kumon is a unique method of study which aims to give each and every child skills that last a lifetime. Focusing on the vital subjects of maths and English, we can help your child to develop their learning skills and exceed expectations with our worksheet and study centre-based programmes.
I am Fiona and I give mathematics and science lessons to primary and secondary students. I am currently studying my A Levels at King Edwards Camp Hill. My personality is very patient so I will be an effective tutor and I am very punctual so I will give all my lessons on time.
After graduating from Cardiff University in 2016, I am now currently a Sales Assistant looking to share the Mathematics knowledge that I have gained throughout my education, and to also help students understand the fun behind Mathematics! I am looking to give lessons up to GCSE/A Level, perhaps Further Mathematics if required.
I like to start with with any problems or questions a student has. This gives me an idea on what may be a students weakness.
I am an Engineering student at University of Birmingham, currently working towards my degree. I tend to teach/help fellow students/peers, helping them with mathematical problems which they may be struggling with. Helping others understand a problem or questions fills me with a lot of satisfaction.
Although I haven't completed my GCSE in Maths yet, I am a capable and confident Mathematician who is already achieving level 8 in class. I believe the best way to teach is to make the student feel comfortable whilst learning. I would like to do a general, quick maths test to see where the child may be struggling.
I have just finished my A-levels in Maths, Further Maths and Computing. I am predicted A*AA by the teachers that have taught me and seen what I am capable of. I am a passionate Maths addict that just gets it. What I want to do is help anyone doing Edexcel C3 and C4 maths next year and give them a summer crash course in what they can expect from these modules.
I teach my students by starting from the basics, then place the building blocks on the base one above the other, step by step. I make sure my students grasp the knowledge I convey them.
My name is Waqas, I have a degree in Bsc Business Information Technology from Coventry University. In addition to this, I also have A levels in ICT, Maths, and Science. In terms of teaching materials I always exam board guidelines and previous exam papers as I prefer to teach the core topics to students first.
I provide hour long sessions, these consist of a starter where I recap prior learning and skills that will help with the topic at hand and introduce the topic, a main part of the lesson where the pupil is given an oppurtunity for independant learning and then finally a plenary where the learning of the session is consolidated. I offer sessions to 11-16 year olds.
Whether you are sitting your Maths exam for the first time, preparing for a resit or just feel you're being held back by a difficult class in school/college, the Maths Surgery is here to help. Visit our site and get in touch! - Which subject(s) do you teach? Maths. - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes We teach in small groups, no more than six children per class. We believe valuable and beneficial tuition is achieved by building a good relationship with students through ongoing motivation. 11 Plus tuition requires careful preparation beforehand: many people assume there child can be prepared three months before the exam.
- Classes Classes are run by a qualified instructor who is also a qualified teacher with many years of experience. - Ages and Levels Covered Starting from 3 with no upper limit - the course focuses on student ability irrespective of age - Opening Times Wednesday 4.30 to 6.30 Saturday 11.30 to 1.
My teaching method will vary for each child but I tend to ask questions on what I taught the previous lesson to ensure the child is effectively retaining information. Based on the child’s requirements I can make adjustments to ensure they get the best education.
I am a qualified teacher and English Leader, graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted with over 13 years of experience teaching year 6, preparing pupils for SATs and boosting level 6. I have relevant experience tutoring students through 11+. - Which subject(s) do you teach? KS2 English and Maths. Year 6 SATs revision including Level 6 booster.
- Classes My approach is small group sizes of 4/5 pupils. I believe small groups are ideal and more productive as each child is different but more importantly I can personalise my teaching approach to suit the dynamic of the group. Small groups also allows the pupils to interact with like minded peers and learn from each other especially with problem solving tasks.
Thousands of tutors can teach you Maths,
find private lessons close to Solihull.
Pick your own coach to help you learn maths. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in maths in Solihull and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Solihull by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.